Saturday, April 17, 2010

Dave Ramsey...


Oh, Dave Ramsey. Andrew and I have just finished our course of Financial Peace University. Was it fun? Yes, actually. Was is worth it? um..yeah! Do we love the envelope system?
YES! More than you know. We are beating down our debt and enjoying life not worrying about money. I have been taking a lot of pic's lately to help with the offset! I will add a pic of a family I photographed last week.

I was excited after 12 weeks of Dave telling me I needed to be a "winner" which I had serious issues with for some reason, to have him finish with a complete lesson on giving.

I am a 100% believer in the philosophy that stuff isn't ours, money isn't our we are just taking care of it for the Lord. Give sacrificially, give abundantly, and give with joy.

Two days ago was tax day and so the better part of yesterday's morning news was about the "white house tax returns". Andrew and I had this crazy realization that maybe our country would do a little better if the leaders of our country gave more and had that mentality. Did you know that the Obamas gave 6% of their income...which isn't too bad...but get this...
Andrew and I gave almost double what the Biden's gave. ALMOST DOUBLE. This isn't to say that we are awesome givers...this is to say that this is ridiculous!!!!!!
As a married couple we know that we receive all kinds of flavors of blessing because we give...this isn't why we give, but it is a reward. We find it hard to believe that the country wouldn't be better off if the people running it found it as important as we do.

We also learned that only 2.3% of Christians give. This blows my min
d.
People, we need to reconsider our state. We need to understand that God asks us to give! The best thing is knowing that when you give, God is going to take care of you! He promises that. And not only that, but there are benefits of giving. We get to watch the Lord in Action as he blesses those who receive and us for giving.
In our marriage, we have always been givers. This is an act of worship and we know that it has enriched our lives! We want to encourage you to do the same!
If you are interested in doing FPU and haven't convinced yourself yet...call me and let me convince you!!
love and peace to you

No comments: