Thursday, January 30, 2014

Inspired

I have been following an artist by the name of Jeremy Cowart for a while now. He is pretty great all around. Cool projects, cool images...last week he posted this blog about a shoot he did with John Schneider, It blew up on FB and all around the world...if you haven't read it, it is just good.
It was moving and meaningful. I sat in my tears and let the images stir me.

I have been photographing for nearly 11 years now and I have grown tired of what was a passion. I have a degree in it, but I find my images totally thoughtless...Like, in my personal life, I have a camera, I snap a picture. (I do try when I am actually getting paid for a session.) I always complain about my 10 year old camera and I act like I am prohibited by it, even though, if I was secure in my ability to shoot, it wouldn't matter all that much.

anyway...to the point...
This week, he (Jeremy) posted these. http://jeremycowart.com/2014/01/kids/

here is one from his recent shoot...
I cannot explain how much I love this. I got so pumped about this other way of photographing kids. 

Then, my friend Courtney came to visit today and we got talking about cameras and images...and something just fired me up. It was like a totally inspired evening. We spent some time taking pics of Fos in some pretty great light, and then when she left, I uploaded my shots and did some post edit work. I was so excited about the final images I thought it was worth a post. 

 This one of Foster is my absolute favorite.


And, Keating? There aren't many words.

Foster is, by no means,  just a "sit here and stare" kind of kid, but that is definitely a part of who he is. He is slow to get to know and then he is a loose cannon. He is serious, contemplative, and he surveys the situation. Keating is a laid back, smiley guy.
I was thrilled tonight to have images of my kids that really felt like them...so I thought I would share them with you. 

Thanks for stopping by. 

No comments: