Monday, October 31, 2011

good

This is something I have been thinking about for a while, but was struck so hard by it yesterday in church that I knew it would be the very thing to break by lack of blogging streak!

I use the word "good" in two very different ways.

First, there is the way I say it in reference to things like food and how I'm feeling. If someone says, How are you. "I feel good." When I say that, I don't really mean "the best". I mean, "fine". I mean, "good. not great, not bad."

But then there is the way I use it in reference to the Lord.
I am thoughtful and slow to speak the sweet words that "God is Good."
When I say "good" here, I mean. ULTIMATE GOOD. The only Good. The Definition of Good.
To some of you, I know I have even whispered it with conviction "He's Good".
When I use the word good in reference to the Savior of the world...I mean it.
It stirs a deep emotion in me to call God good.
He is Good.

Yesterday, in church, my new friend Krista was leading worship and she sang the song "You are Good" by Kari Jobe.

As we sang the words over and over again, "You are good, You are good" my heart swelled!
I couldn't help but to stand and lift my hands and weep at the Goodness of my Lord.

I hope you take a second and listen to this song. I hope it is LOUD TRUTH to you today! Believe it, God is Good.


God let me rest in your goodness. Let my life reflect your goodness.


No comments: