Saturday, May 12, 2012

That time of year

Tomorrow brings a day that stirs some crazy emotions.
Just click here and scroll down...you will see the 4 or 5 posts from Mothers' Day last year.

I have no idea how I really feel about mothers day this year. The truth is, I still have many friends who long to be moms and I am really sensitive to the way people speak about motherhood. I don't want anyone telling my friends, "until you have kids you can't understand the biggest blessing in life." (in so many words)

 I recently heard a John Piper quote that says,

"Treasuring Christ is more important than bearing children."

I guess I just feel like, "YES, I want to be celebrated as a mom." I am praying that I will be the best mom to this little life. Yes, I am honored, and I am definitely THANKFUL!
But still it is a hard day for so many and I want to remember always that being a mom does not and will not "complete" me or anyone else.
I believe that it is true..."Treasuring Christ is more important than bearing children."
Those are sweet words.

Love to you!

No comments: