Friday, January 22, 2010

How Time Flies By

Well, I hope you are not disappointed in me...I guess it has been so long that there will be months before you even check to see if I have been here. Well, here I am. I have been evaluating my blogging life recently and Andrew and I have been talking about trying something.
If you didn't know we actually work together everyday...all day...there are not many hours in a week that we aren't physically in the same room (and I am counting bathroom time in the separation.) The thing is. We Love It. Like, really, really love it. I would be a millionaire if I had a buck for every time someone asked me. "how can you two stand being together all the time? My husband and I would kill each other." ....hmmm....
I guess I can "see" where people are coming from, but at the same time, my heart hurts a little bit for the folks who wouldn't want to spent a lot of time with their husband.
This last year was a rough one for the marriages around me. I watched so many friends walk through some real struggles and some of them made it, some of them are hopeful for restoration and some of them are over. It was tough to watch the process and try to speak to the people who are walking through it.
It is a weird thing to us that so many people are so horrible to their spouses. Andrew and I don't fight. We discuss and we never get angry and yell...we do get our feelings hurt and then we talk it out. It is hard for us to relate to a fighting couple, yet we are surrounded by them.
One of the things that cracks me up, so hard, are the people who say, "Oh, well you are still in the honey moon period." It cracks me up because in July we will celebrate 5 years and of the marriages I have watched struggle this year almost all of them were rocky way before 5 years...and some of them haven't made it anywhere near 5 years.
Now, we don't have kids and people tell me that is a huge stress point, but I don't think, and I am firm in this belief...you can point and laugh later...that kids are going to make me scream at Andrew and tell him that he is an idiot...

Our story is different, I get that, we weren't high school sweet hearts...but that story is saved for a later date.

So the idea we had was to write about our marriage and what it looks like to live in our house. We are weird and we have so much fun, and you may be bored by our life, but maybe we can inspire you to love your spouse and bring some fun back into your day. Because when you are with your spouse for 24/7 you have to laugh...it is not an option.

So the other day, Andrew walked outside to take out the trash. It was 2 degrees outside and like 10 inces of snow on the ground. Needless to say he was bundled up. Coat, hat, boots, jeans...you know, it was 2 degrees. While he was taking out the trash, I was brushing my teeth...I hear the door shut and him walking through the house. Then he yells through the house. "Its so cold out there I froze my socks and shoes off!"...I giggle a little, walk out of the room to see him and say..."I haven't heard that one before" and while I am speaking I look at him completely bundled up and I look down...and of course...He was still totally bundled up (hat and all) and with his size 9 winter white bare feet sticking out under his wet jeans.

If you were there, you would have laughed too. These are the tiny things in life that keep us newly weds. He could have complained about taking out the trash..instead he told a joke. I love that man.

Talk to you soon. (Don't worry, I will also have pics and creative things to bring to the blog!)
S

2 comments:

The Reardon's said...

I love you guys. It's very encouraging to read your post. A good reminder to me about enjoying jarrett during the good and the bad! love ya girl. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Sar, I totally look forward to reading/stalking your blog and giggling at your stories. I love you tons!!! Talk to you soon.

Steph