Monday, January 25, 2010

I'm exhausted



Exhausted, but not too exhausted to blog today! Yea for two post in a week! So, this week was a long one...really. From last Sunday to the end of last night, and I only figured this out to make a point, we worked 104 hours. YES, in one week. When I told Andrew that this morning, he said "did you count sleep time?" "okay 96, but being in charge of students on a trip does not make for restful sleep." The point I was trying to make was for you, my fine friends. Andrew and I literally worked 104 hours in an 8 day period. While that is a 3 day youth retreat/conference and five 10-12 hour days we still went on a date last week. Andrew bought me Lovely Bones for Christmas (I am on this kick of reading books that are getting ready to be released as movies) and so he took me to see it last week in the afternoon between staff meeting and Bible Study. My point of telling you this is not to say "this is how you do it" but to say "find or make time for you as a couple." Last week would have been the perfect time to say "no" to doing anything extra and no we didn't have time to make dinner before students showed up that night, but you know what, We had fun going out on a date. The key is know where to go for cheap. AMC theaters show $5.oo movies M-T, and there is a theatre here that on top of that has a bring your own bowl Tuesday where you can bring in any bowl and get free popcorn! take advantage of those fun things.


We got home yesterday from the conference and had an hour before we had to be back up to church. We squeezed in a nap and got back up there. We took 83 people to see To Save a Life, you should check it out. Anyway, we got home for the night around 10:30pm. At this point we were so exhausted but almost to that point where you can't fall asleep...we had DVR'd the Hope for Haiti and decided to put that on while we did little things around the house. So the telethon is playing and I hear someone singing and look up and didn't recognize his voice or his looks and I say, "who is that?" and Andrew looks at me with shock and awe and says. "Bruce Springsteen...The BOSS" so I say. "I know who he is, it just didn't look like him, he looks to professional...whatever" then we laugh at me...so time goes by and the next guy starts singing. It was only like three words in and I couldn't figure out who it was either and so as I am getting ready to ask who it was, but before the words came out, I looked up. Three words. Dreads, sun-glasses, black...yeah that's right, I almost asked who Stevie Wonder was!!!! Instead of just being quiet I say, "I am soooo glad I looked up." Two reasons this story was funny to us. 1. When we clean house we listen to his greatest hits, and 2. Stevie Wonder is AMAZING, and was on the Cosby show...which doesn't really matter but is fun to know.


One more story for you to giggle at. Tonight on our way home from the office we stopped to get groceries and as we got into our car it didn't start. We called Anne, my amazing mother in law, and she agreed to come get us. You should know that we don't have heat in the car anyway so it was really cold...so as she pulled into the parking lot, Andrew tried once more and the car started. She followed us home. by the time we get home and I am just FREEZING and if you know me, I hate being cold. So, I crank the heat in the house and let Andrew call the repair shop. When he hangs up I am whining about being cold, he reaches out for my hand and says, "Lets hug over the vent." I think this sounds like a funny invitation so I walk over and we stand on the vent hugging and laughing. this is how the rest played out...


I tell him I love him and he says, "you know the best way to get warm?" and of course I know the answer he was looking for and I laugh and say "How Andrew?" and he says "body heat." to which I reply with the action of rubbing the palm of my hand on his bearded face asking him if it is working. Then he says, "Yeah, yeah, you know what is really cold?" at this point we are both cracking up and he didn't even wait for my response, "my whole front side!" now I am outright laughing and I say, "Can I blog that?" his reply..."Well it does show how funny I am!"
Laughter makes you healthy.


On a more serious note, we have started a devotion by Jim and Cathy Burns called Closer and it is the best one we have ever done, so if you are looking for something to do that doesn't take too much time, you should check it out. Check back tomorrow, I am looking forward to tomorrow's post.
Here is a pic I took looking out my window and thought it was appropriate for a story about cold. Love and peace to you and yours,
S

No comments: