Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Graduation Day is coming.

Today I am working on our senior bulletin. It contains the names of every graduate, where they are graduating from, what their future plans are and a message from parents. It is a good thing that no parent writes,

"Dear Elly, this year has been a bit of a dissapointment...you really could have tried harder and worked a bit more to get better grades this year. I am really excited that you are moving away because to have you out of the house will make it way easier financially on us this next year. What a sigh of relief I feel to finally be seeing you walk out on your own. I hope you make it!"

Each year that I make this bulletin (this is the 4th one) I try to think about what I would write if I had a kid that was getting ready to graduate from HS. It is nearly impossible. I don't know what it is like to have my very own kid, but I know what I wish for the students whose lives I am a part of. To them I say.

"There are a few things I believe are 100% capitol T - TRUTH. As you are growing up, and deciding what to do in your life one thing that you need to hear is that God doesn't care how much money you make or how distinquished your job is...and neither do I. He cares about how you use the resources given you and what you do to influence the Lives of others in His name! As we read in the Scriptures over and over again, a life of following Christ is not safe and easy, it is hard and the most fulfilling way to live, becuase that is what we were created for. So follow hard after your creator who knows you hearts desire and is faithful unlike you could ever imagine. So, you be faithful to HIM and stand amazed at what He allows to happen with your life. Love to you!"

Sarah Beard

No comments: