Thursday, March 25, 2010

I haven't forgotten

I thought I would bring you a treat to get you into my good graces again. Sorry I have been gone for a week and some, but I am back. I promise not to leave you wanting...
well that isn't entirely true. But, I did bring you this recipe that was sent to me today. Holy Yum. I am actually going to make it tonight and so I will let you know how it tastes.

5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
A small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug (MicroSafe)

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
Pour in the milk and oil and mix well...
Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again..
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.
The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!
Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
EAT ! (this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous).





This week has been incredibly draining. Spiritually I am spent. It is evident that the Lord is working in the students around me by how much adversity they are facing. And of course, sin effects all of us and some of us get to be a part of the process in which we end up giving out advice and praying and seeking wisdom, which is all spiritually draining. I am just happy I get to do all of this with Andrew!
MY HERO!
I just need to say that I love him more all the time. This week he displayed the patience and gentleness that I dream and pray of having one day.
I was so frustrated at this stupid circumstance and he literally said, "I just don't think it is going to do any good to get worked up about it so I am just going to brush it off"
To me, getting worked up is what makes it better...I feel like...okay I guess not really. But he really had a reasonable cause to get super angry about it! I want to be like him some day!
Anyway, I just wanted to say hey. I think I will post a few things that I have been sort of pining over lately in another post here in a sec.
Love you all, thanks for stopping by

1 comment:

Jenn Lynne said...

I can so relate to your getting worked up and having that sense that it makes things better. That false sense of security...at least it is for me. Getting frustrated and not facing the actual situation but instead, choosing to focus on my emotional reaction seems to give me some false control. Live. Feel. And let go. Definitely something I'm working on.
Love you and miss you!