Monday, April 4, 2011

The Next Step.

Well, as most of you know, I am going to work for His Voice Global. Some of you may not know that I am raising my own support for a year.

I am going to ask my readers to just check out what is going on here and pray about wether or not you would like to partner in some way with me for 1 year.

this is the letter I am sending out...

Dear Friends,


These photo was taken 6 years ago. It is me next to a sweet little boy who had his teeth checked for the very first time. I was in what would now be called South Sudan. I joined some of my very best friends, Vernon and Amber Burger, on a journey that would change my life. I went on a trip as the team photographer (this is the only photo I found with me in it!) with the organization formerly know as His Voice for Sudan, but is now His Voice Global. This trip changed my heart and made clear my understanding of the Truth that without the Gospel, every one is poor. Without the Gospel, there is no hope. I have not yet returned to the Sudan, but there is a longing in my heart to do so. If you haven’t heard from me in a while, you may think this is a letter asking you to support another trip...this is not the case. I am writing because as of April 15, I will be a full-time employee of His Voice Global.


What is His Voice Global?


I want to tell you a little bit about His Voice. If you want to know more, you can ask me, or you can go to www.hisvoiceglobal.com. Our goal is to strengthen the local church by promoting the reality of God's holistic vision to reach people. When Vernon went to Sudan and listened to Bishop Taban's vision for orphans, he decided to partner with them and carry out the orphanage ministry with a 100% indigenous staff. It has been very important to us that the Sudanese would recognize the power of the local indigenous church. One of the failures of the West has been to go over and run things in such a way that the local people become dependent on the West for vision, constant financial assistance, etc. Many Sudanese have been hurt by this approach. We have looked to see how we could cast vision with Bishop Taban and his wife Anngrace in such a way that we would all benefit from mutual discipleship. One of our prayers is that this ministry will be a testimony to all. When we take time to go and listen to the local people's vision for their own churches and communities, many more goals can be accomplished in more effective ways. His Voice has also begun work in India. You can read more on-line if you are interested.


My Role with His Voice Global

As orphanages, schools, medical clinics, farmland and wells develop, we need more people to go and train and also to support the work being done financially. I am hoping to form some brilliant partnerships with people all over the world so we can continue to change lives and restore people and countries to a Holy God. I have been hired as the Director of Promotions and could not be any more excited about what the Lord has laid out for the future. Andrew will be working for a church and attending Perkins Theological Seminary. While he is busy with his job, I will be working on a two year commitment to His Voice. I will need to raise support for one year as we at His Voice reach the next bracket of non-profit status. My hope is to raise $2,000.00/month to cover my salary.

The Reason you are Receiving this Letter


I am writing this letter to ask you to partner with me.

  1. I am asking you to join my team. To be a partner. To spread the word about what His Voice is doing and the hope it offers to the future of not only the countries it is affecting, but the HOPE it is offering to countries that need restoration through a Savior. You can be a partner simply by letting me know that you want to be a part of what we are doing and by keeping our work in your prayers. If you would like to have Vernon come and speak or see how you or your church can get involved, let me know. You can e-mail me at sarah@hisvoiceglobal.com. You can also keep up with me on my blog, Sarahbeard.blogspot.com
  2. You can make a one time donation in my name toward my salary.
  3. You can make a monthly donation in my name toward my salary. This, of course, would be the most beneficial for Andrew and me.


To make a tax deductible donation follow these simple instructions:


  1. Go to Hisvoiceforsudan.com.
  2. Click on Partner with His Voice
  3. Scroll down till you see the “Donate Now!” box. Click it.
  4. Fill out the information on the next screen. It should look like this.
  5. Make sure that you put my name "Sarah Beard Salary" in the Designation box. This will insure that your donation goes to nothing except my salary.
  6. Once you have submitted the form please continue by praying for me. I would love to hear if you have chosen to support me. Please send me an e-mail at sarah@hisvoiceglobal.com.


Thank you so much for your time and your support!

LOVE YOU!!!

Sarah Beard

816-810-5534




No comments: