Friday, February 4, 2011

Catfish...I will give you one week, then I'm talking.

In September Andrew and I saw a trailer for a movie called
We anticipated its release. It had a limited release and by the time we were able to see it, it was no longer at the theatre. It was finally released on DVD on February 1st. So when it arrived yesterday in our Netflix, we were totally stoked! So...today I made omelets for breakfast, brewed a pot of coffee, poured some OJ and we had a breakfast date.
It was worth the wait. If you haven't heard of the movie, I will say three things.

1. It is a documentary that follows a man as he starts to for a relationship with a family through facebook. Their relationship begins with a photograph and a painting.

2. it is 100% true.

3. It defies the nature of humanity...and if you want to know what I mean by that, you are going to want to check back next Saturday night for my thoughts and hopefully your thoughts too.

The reason I am waiting till next Saturday to post this is because I have respect for the filmmakers. The tagline for this movie is "Don't let anyone tell you what it is" and I do not want to ruin it for you cause of course, there is a twist!

I want to encourage you to, in the next 7 days, go to a redbox, rent, and watch Catfish and meet me here next Saturday. If you aren't convinced you need to watch it, Check it out HERE.
And no, it isn't a scary movie...regardless of what the trailer makes you think. OH AND WATCH THE SPECIAL FEATURE!!!!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: