Wednesday, February 2, 2011

snow day

Andrew and I have been freshening up our home, painting, for the last few days. We made much use of our weekend and our snow day, which was yesterday. We decided that if we were to stay in today we would do nothing...and that is just what we did.
I cooked 2 meals...one meal was a salad so I am not sure that counts as 2. Andrew started the day with an apple cinnamon oatmeal, delish. I took a bath (which I desperately needed), where I was able to read a magazine and listen to the sounds of The Civil Wars. If you have not heard of these guys yet, you should disregard the rest of this post and CLICK HERE!
Seriously, you are doing a disservice to yourself if you do not click on this link.
Image from Here

Then I Made a mushroom, onion, bacon pizza which happened to be so fantastic and then a big ol' salad for dinner. That was my snow day...Oh, and I took a nap!

Today I looked at my shoulder, Andrew asked was I was looking at so I said, "I have a bump here." He looked at me and said (very slowly), "Shoul-der." I just stared at him, he repeated "Shoul-der."
I decided to play along, sounding it out, I allowed my word to form, "Shoul-der." I smiled.
He paused and smiled, "you are getting good at speaking English!" To which I replied, "gracias." "De nada" he said.

Also, I just have to say that we have made some great friends here in Liberty. They are friends that really do make us feel like we are normal, in the sense that we hang out late and at weird times, like Friday afternoons. Last night we introduced Tim and Melody Fritson to the game, some of you know, Settlers of Catan.

Image from here

We got together again tonight to play and we did not only play one game, but 2. Tim and Andrew were the big winners of the night. I need to say that this game is a bit addicting and full of strategy. So much so, that Tim told Andrew he was thinking of strategies today...and while we were talking about probability after the games tonight, Tim said, "well, I read..." and then trailed off.
Busted. He did spend time reading up on Settlers after only one time of play.

Tim and Melody, We love you guys and are so thankful for your friendship!
Image from Tims Facebook

Last story. In the above picture there is a dog, Kira. As most of you know, I am not particularly an animal lover so when Kira came under the table and set her head on my lap I decided to go ahead and pet her...which is kind of a big deal. She was really soft, so I thought, I like petting soft dogs. I could have a dog, if I didn't have to feel it, or bathe it, or clean up after it, or...(endless things I don't want to have to deal with in the case of me having a pet). Then I realized, I don't want a pet at all, I want a pillow! Then I literally laughed out loud.



Thanks for swinging by!

No comments: