Thursday, February 17, 2011

The News Is Out!

As you know, Andrew and I have been working as a team, in the same office, doing a team-work job; Directing the Student Ministry at Liberty United Methodist church.
Our lives are about to change.

For the last year or so, we have felt the Holy Spirit stirring in us. A "change is coming". That is all we got. Throughout the last year the one re-occurring theme was seminary for Andrew. What ever it was that the Lord held next for us, it included seminary. In October we were given two different opportunities, one that would offer me work full time in the Chicago Land area which would then give Andrew the option of being a full time student, and then another one that would offer Andrew a full time job and Seminary (included) in Dallas, Texas. After a few visits to two very different cities we were left at a complete stand still. We had do idea what we were going to do but had complete peace about moving.
So...We had some amazing people come along as a part of this process and speak into our lives. They prayed with and for us about seeking out our giftings and what we felt like our callings are. (We have been having this talk for a year and it was just great to have people partnering with us.) As we prayed, we started having visions of ways the Lord could use Andrew with the opportunity that was more geared toward him...and then I had a phone call with a friend, Amber Burger. We have been friends for 11 years and have never lived in the same city. She is one of my go-to's. I LOVE THIS WOMAN! So we were chatting and I offered an idea for His Voice (See blog to your left) and she offered me a proposition. She said they were looking for someone who could develop ideas just like the one I had...and then she dropped the bomb. She said they were moving to Dallas...which is where the job offer for Andrew is, and that she would send me the job description if I would like her to. I said yes.
I met with Amber and Vernon over Christmas Break and Andrew and I just knew it. This is what we are supposed to do...
So....................................
We are MOVING TO DALLAS TEXAS!!!!!!!
IN APRIL. April 10th will be our last Day at LUMC!

Andrew will be attending seminary at Perkin’s School of Theology in Dallas, TX and working for Highland Park UMC as the worship leader for the student ministry. The church is closely tied to Perkins, so they are paying for his schooling which is a huge blessing. I will be working for a His Voice Global as the Promotions Director. I actually went to Sudan with this group in January 2005.

The last few years have been an incredible time of growing, learning, and serving in Liberty. Needless to say we are grateful for the opportunity we've had to serve the students here. We have learned so much and will remember the lives we've hopefully impacted and the ones that have impacted ours.

We are sad to move on, but are thankful for our time here and are looking forward to our next season of life. We are so excited to see what the Lord will do next with our lives, but since making this decisions, I have also been having dreams and visions about my roll at HVG. The next two months will be a busy time of prayer, transition, and preparation.

I think that is enough for you today, but I will definitely be posting more soon as I have all kinds of fun things to share!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great. Welcome to TEXAS!!!! You'll love it here :).