Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mother's Day - Your Kingdom Come


My last post may have been a downer, and for that I am sorry...here is what I am left with!

As Our Own stands in the gap with motherly love for more than 60 girls in India who have been rescued for certain horrific futures of neglect, exploitation and enslavement.

"The extreme poverty in India places girls at great risk for exploitation, enslavement and neglect. Girls are regularly abused and degraded, forced into lives of bonded labor, either in organized begging or in the sex trade. These girls will face a dark, horrific future - unless someone intervenes. God has opened the door for As Our Own to rescue girls before they are exploited, giving us the privilege to care for each one as our own - for life. We are building strong communities and training strong leaders, all to break these cycles for girls in future generations."

Today we are giving lives to women in honor of the Women we love the most.
Wether they are moms or not, we are fighting for justice in the name of our true Father.
So to truly celebrate Mother's Day for all it is worth we made donations to As Our Own
In honor of My mom, Christa Welker.
In honor of Andrew's mom, Anne Marie Beard.
and in Memory of Maureen Patricia Rowe.

Kelley Rowe - Your momma would have been so proud of you! I want you to know that even though we aren't in India I feel like I claim this over you from the above quote.

"God has opened the door for me to rescue you before you are exploited, giving me the privilege to care for you as my own - for life. We have a strong community and I am training you to be a strong leader, all to break these cycles for girls in future generations."

You, my dear beautiful girl, are a true blessing in my life...and while we both share a sadness for complete opposite reasons on this Mother's day, we both rejoice in the Hope we have in our Lord and Savior and the HOPE we can share with others. I am so proud of you and I know that your life will have great impact on this world. "Your Kingdom Come"
I Love You!


God bless you on this Mother's Day!


No comments: