Monday, May 2, 2011

Recipe!

I love to cook, but I do not post recipes. Mostly because I don't usually use recipes. I sort of start with a basic recipe and then take a few liberties.

Our friends Holly Erickson's blog "Feeding the Masses" is full of recipes and they always look DELISH. I wanted to make something new this week, but I wasn't sure what to make so I went searching through her old recipes to see if there was anything that sounded too good to pass up!

Then I found it. Filed under 2009!

Bourbon-Mango pulled pork!

BOURBON-MANGO PULLED PORK

1 bag frozen mango
4 lb. Pork shoulder
2 T. ground black pepper
1 t. kosher salt
1 t. chipotle chili powder
1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
2 cups water
1 t. chipotle chili powder
2 t. honey
1.5 oz bourbon whiskey
1 (12 oz) bottle BBQ sauce

Put pork in slow cooker with black pepper, salt and 1 t. chili powder. Pour in balsamic and water. Low 5-8 hours. Puree mango until almost smooth. Pour into a saucepan with honey, 1 t. chili powder and whiskey. Bring to a simmer until darkened. Stir in BBQ sauce remove from heat. Drain pork, shred. Add all together. Cook on high 1-2 hours.

I made it yesterday and will be having it for dinner again tonight...and I can't wait to eat it!


Thanks Holly!



1 comment:

Tyler Tankersley said...

Son of a...that sounds amazing!