Saturday, June 28, 2014

A New Chapter for the Beards

Nope. No. I am not pregnant.

Do you know how, when you go on road trips with family or friends, you talk A LOT. Well, one of mine and Andrew's favorite things to do is to talk about what we see ourselves doing in the future.  We worked together (likesoclosetherewasnoseparation) in ministry for 5 years and we loved every second of it! We dream of the time we get to work together again, and especially in ministry, precisely college ministry. The possibilities of that here=slim to none.

You may know that in March I was hired at our church, Highland Park United Methodist Church, as the "college ministry coordinator".  As of now, my job is a part time job and I love every single second of it. I love hanging out with the students here and I get to work with my dear friend Phil.

Drumroll please.....As of July 1 (which also happens to be my birthday) I will also be working with ANDREW!!
The short version is this.
The Wesley Foundation at SMU (Which is the Methodist campus ministry) was looking for a new director and wanted to work directly with/through Highland Park UMC...Andrew was given the opportunity and he took it.
Since I am on College Staff at HPUMC and he is the Director of the Wesley House partnering with HPUMC, we are totally working together again!!

A few nights ago we just sat on our couch talking about ways that we are going to be able to partner and just talked about college students and how to best love them...I thought, "This. This is why we got married."

Only the Lord could have worked this out the way it has worked out. The fact that an impossibility is actually happening, it's a miracle.


Here is a look at the next chapter of our lives...We will be spending a lot of time here!!
Hey SMU...LOOK OUT, the Beards are on campus!!!!! 

Now, to Andrew, who has already approved this message, but doesn't know that I am writing anymore. You are the Man. I love and respect you so much. Starting new things is scary and exciting and wonderful and full of questions, but you and your gifts are totally created for this role. You are going to kill it! I cannot wait to see what the Lord will do in your life and in our life and in the life of the Church. I am over the moon excited to be able to walk beside you through this as your wife, and a ministry partner...oh my gosh, I could totally scream in excitement! Giddy is a good word to use here.  I just feel all kinds of blessed. I love you and am so proud of you. Foster and Keating also told me that if they were in college, they would totally go to your campus ministry: I mean, it wasn't super clear, but that is what I could formulate. (winky emoji)
You are the best. Like, for realsies. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow guys! This is such a beautiful plan God has arranged! Funny how Steve and I felt God leading you into college ministry some years ago...just was hoping it was in Springfield MO, but God is in the business of multiplication:)) So excited to journey with you in this mission field. Love and admire you greatly!!!
Berna

Hey guys. Soooo excited for you both. Nothing will bring out the best and the worst in your relationship than working together, but absolutely nothing is more rewarding than sharing ministry with your mate! Congratulations and we can't wait to see the thousands you will influence in your ministry together.
Godspeed as you move into your next Chapter!!!!
Steve