Monday, July 25, 2011

too busy?


Upon this post going live, I will be in Costa Rica with Andrew, working with many high school students (something I miss) and ministering to Costa Ricans, alongside of Costa Ricans.
I am excited about leaving. I am excited about seeing Andrew.

This post doesn't have anything to do with those things though. Friday night, I met with an old friend. One of the things she said was, "Christian people are so busy, I mean, they are doing good things, but they are just...busy."

This hit me like a ton of bricks. I haven't stopped thinking about this one statement: and we talked for like 5 hours, there were a lot of statements made.

As I drove home I kept thinking, "how is it, that a group of people who make such strong claims on community could cause one of its own to say that we are too busy for relationships."
I mean, I really do see what she was saying...but I am praying that it isn't truth in my life, or in yours. How do we really feel about our relationships? our community? are we too busy to keep up?

One of my favorite things about our move to TX is the fact that we had an almost immediate community. Phil, Jessi, Amber, Vernon, Ethun, Neil, Dexter, Stephen, Bill and Alessandra just to name a few welcomed us with open arms and immediately we had deep friendship. Sharing life is good. Having deep thoughts is great, but discussing them is even greater. Talking about marriage and Jesus with folks is a sweet, sweet thing. I have been blessed to have Ethun, Jessi, and Amber here. Just, ready.

I sincerely pray that I am not to busy to be the same blessing to them...and others.

Now, to our community we left in MO, I really don't want to be too busy for you...so stay on me and you know we love our skype dates so lets schedule some of those!
Miss you!

2 comments:

Alessandra said...

I got a shoutout! Love you sarah! Can't wait to get together and swap stories about Costa!

Matt and Jodi said...

Let's skype! I miss you and have been thinking about you!