Thursday, February 25, 2010

Thanks

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for voting. I went with number 5, Cinque Terre.

Not a whole lot has happened in the last few days that I am ready to blog about, but here is one funny story so I don't just leave you hanging.

It has been really cold here. Last night, Andrew and I got home at like 9:00 and had to drag in the trash can and the recycle bins. The plastic handles were FREEZING. So we are already cold (we live too close to home for our car to even warm up) and now our hands are frozen. I hate being cold like this.
So we get inside and we are standing there and Andrew says. "My hands are freezing." I start to think about the warmest part of my body and it was my waist - due to layering and a coat. I take his hand and lift my shirt up a little on the side and try to put his hand on my side...(totally being silly)
He starts screaming and trying to pull away, "NO, I can't let you do this to yourself, you hate being cold, No! Don't do it, I can't let you!!"
At this point we are both cracking up and I am yelling and pulling his wrist, "I am willing to do this for you...I hate seeing you cold! Just let me!"
"Your willingness is enough, Don't do this to yourself!"

We can barely stand up we are laughing so hard and then he lets me put his hand on my side. at this point, his hand is FREEZING!!!!!!! So cold that I can't speak. I just put my head on his shoulder and squeeze my eyes shut (yes, this looked as weird as it sounds)!
He steps back after about 30 seconds and looks at me...then I say, "My side is so cold" (with a laugh, of course) So then the unthinkable happens. He lifts up his shirt to show his side and pushes it against my side that he just made freeze...and then he says. "Holy cow, Your Side is Cold!"
when that moment was over, we just laughed about how weird we are.
And I like to think that you are that weird too, you just don't tell people.
Thanks for stopping by.
Sarah

No comments: