Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Ask.


Hey Friends, This year has been a year full of change and blessings for the Beards. Since April, we have moved to Dallas, TX from Liberty, MO, completely downsizing our lives. We started new jobs, I raised support for my salary, Andrew started seminary, we have made lots of new friends...and we even made a baby! haha. 
This last one was the greatest surprise and will be the biggest change of all. We are so excited to welcome baby Beard late June. 
Most of (if not all of) you know that I work with an amazing organization called His Voice Global (HVG). I am the Director of Partnerships. You can find all kinds of information about HVG in the rest of this post. 
Last year, I raised support, hoping to not have to raise again this year. The determining factor of whether or not I would have to raise support again, was if we raised enough money as a non-profit to reach the next tax bracket.  Though we had a great year, unfortunately we did not reach this goal, which means that I will be raising support again for 2012.   This begins in April.
Last year I raised $24,000.00 which has served us very well. This year, we are adding a person to our living, so we have decided to raise my salary to $30,000. I know HVG would pay my salary if they could. 
The thing is...I am a missionary and this how it must be done. 

WHAT IS MY JOB?
My job is to build partnerships and methods to raise the most awareness and financial help for His Voice Global.  This year we have had such huge success and are so excited about what is to come. Since April we have given 4 more Indian boys a home, we have begun a new partnership in North Korea and have just reached our initial goal of raising $100,000.00 to help feed orphans there. We have raised enough money to give two new sets of clothing to all of the orphans in our care in South Sudan, and have forged new, developing partnerships in India. 


We have also just begun working with the people of Jonglei, South Sudan who were devastated by fighting. Our initial goal is to raise $50,000.00 to meet the needs of the people there, we are at $25,000.00 already. I have organized and executed one His Voice Global Weekend in Bolivar, MO. We have gained around 15 new monthly supporters in 2012 alone. I have organized informational packets for church partnerships and have added at least 3 new beautiful pieces of informational material to our "publicity". 
 There are so many new things on the horizon for 2012. We are looking to start internships, take advocacy trips to South Sudan and India, and will be continuing new work in other areas of South Sudan (Jonglei, specifically).
I would love for you to consider partnering with me specifically. You can do this in two ways.
1.I need to be lifted in prayer regularly. 
2.I need financial support. 
Would you consider being a partner with me?




WHAT IS HIS VOICE GLOBAL?
                        
When you hear us speak we say that the goal of His Voice Global is to empower orphans, widows and church leaders to make disciples of all nations. This is accomplished by three words and a lot of action. Engage. Encourage. Equip. We at HVG build strategic partnerships with individuals and churches that allow us to connect the CHURCH; the church over seas and the church local. Once we have an “in” in a specific country we engage with the local people, assess their needs and see how the local people can be a part of the healing process. We encourage that local church by teaching the Gospel and allowing them to see that they have a role in the process. This provides hope and purpose. Finally, we equip them. By training the local people in the Bible, business, farming, etc...they are prepared to be active members of their society. Our goal is for all of our “projects” to be self sustained. 

His Voice in America

In America we are teaming up with churches to complete this work. We desire to strengthen the local church by teaching “Missional living” and Kingdom theology, by holding conferences. 

His Voice in South Sudan

Our work Started in South Sudan. The 3 orphanages in South Sudan are now self sustained by a trucking company. The Lion of Judah Trucking Co. operates in South Sudan. All the orphanages and the trucking company are run completely by South Sudanese people! Each orphanage holds a school, where local kids come to get an education, a medical clinic, a water well and a farm. All the house “moms” are widows and overall there are more than 100 jobs provided for the Sudanese people. 
When we go, we do week long intensive pastor training so the pastors can take their new knowledge back to their local congregations. 
We are in the beginning workings of meeting a new area of need in Jonglei. This includes a lot of clothing and feeding of people who have lost everything. The image on the right is two brothers left to care for one another after their parents were killed. They are currently being cared for by the local church. We are blessed to be able to help these people.


His Voice in India



Currently, in India, we have a partnership with an incredible couple, Nabin and Matilda. They have answered a calling to minister to the boys who run away to the Howra train station in Calcutta. Their lives are destroyed by abuse and gang living. 
Nabin and Matilda have opened a home, Hope of Life, which we help to support, that allows these boys to get an education, be ministered to from the scars of life they have incurred and also to be equipped to go and make disciples of all nations. 

Currently there are 11 boys in the care of Hope of Life. 
We are in the beginnings of a partnership on the other side of India as well. 
This partnership is exciting and we can’t wait to see it play out!
We are looking forward to taking Advocacy trips to India in 2012! There are lots of exciting things happing with this partnership! 


His Voice in North Korea


North Korea is currently my favorite partnership, due to its rarity and to the fact that the need there is so great. We have the opportunity to feed literally thousands of orphans in North Korea. 

If you have any questions, or would like to know more about it. Just give me a call! 


                                               I am asking you to join my team. 
To be a partner. To spread the word about what His Voice is doing and the hope it offers to the future of not only the countries it is affecting, but the HOPE it is offering to countries that need restoration through a Savior.  You can be a partner simply by letting me know that you want to be a part of what we are doing and by keeping our work in your prayers. If you would like to have Vernon come and speak or see how you or your church can get involved, let me know. You can e-mail me at sarah@hisvoiceglobal.com.  You can also keep up with me on my blog, Sarahbeard.blogspot.com


I am writing this blog to ask you to partner with me.




You can make a one time donation in my name toward my salary or you can make a monthly donation in my name toward my salary. 




    All donations are tax deductible and making a donation is very easy! 



    ONLINE GIVING
    To give monthly ONLINE. Click here, Fill out the form. Check the box saying,  "I would like to make this a recurring donation deducted monthly." to Make sure you type “Sarah Beard” in the “Designation” box. You are finished with the donation! 

    To give once ONLINE. Click here, fill out the form. Check the box saying, "This is a one time donation." Make sure you type “Sarah Beard” in the “Designation” box. You are finished with the donation! 







    MAIL GIVING
    Make Checks Payable to His Voice Global. Write “Sarah Beard Salary” in the memo.
    Send them to::                
    3434 1/2 Shenandoah St. Dallas, TX 75205




    I would love to hear if you have decided to support me. Please send me an e-mail and let me know.  
    Thank you for even considering this!
    If you have any questions about His Voice Global or me...just give me a call and/or an e-mail. I would love to hear from you! 





    Other ways to keep up with us.
    I blog regularly at sarahbeard.blogspot.com. I am on Facebook and Twitter. The twitter name is @swbeard. 
    You can follow His Voice Global on Twitter @hisvoiceglobal 
    Find His Voice Global on Facebook as "His Voice Inc."

    No comments: