Saturday, February 4, 2012

Its the small things.

It has been a while since I posted one of those "silly" moments between me and andrew. There are a lot of them, but if I don't write them down, I seem to forget. On to the story...

Andrew had been studying/reading literally all day. I had a lunch meeting and decided to bring him a big-ol' diet Dr. Pepper for a treat.
Once I got home, I had to send some e-mails. I got my work done, then I had another thing I had to do on the computer.

As I started tackling this goal, I immediately began getting frustrated. This is not something that happens to me all that often (now that I am a grown-up), but I was verging on tears. I just kept saying things like, "You have got to be kidding me!" and "This is absolutely the most ridiculous thing ever!".

Poor Andrew just sat by for a moment...and then...He moves over next to me. I just gave up and dropped back so that I was laying across the couch.

He leans down to my belly and says, "hey baby, this is your daddy."
(he pulled my shirt up over my belly to kiss the little babe) and continues...
"your mommy is really frustrated right now. This doesn't happen very often so don't worry. When she gets like this you just need to let her go for a minute and then cuddle her and support her...then you make a joke about something to get her to laugh."
(remember, I am still laying back, now with my eyes closed) He goes on in a continued sentence-still talking to baby. "Do you want some Diet Dr. Pepper?"

I start laughing a little, then I feel a drop. I look up, he has his straw pulled out of the cup and over my belly button, dropping soda into it to "share with the baby."

I was done! I was laughing sooooo hard the frustration left! looks like he knows exactly how to deal with me and is training the baby to do the same.
Love that guy.



No comments: