Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Easy Eats

On Christmas Eve, my mother in law made a white chicken chili in a crock pot. I remember it being really great so I asked her to send the recipe along. I made it this weekend and Andrew and I could really not believe how stinkin good it was. It was so easy to make and the flavor was amazing.
It doesn't seem fair to not share it.

Ingredients::
1 1/4 lb boneless skinless chicken - or however much you want
2 15oz cans o great white northern or navy beans-drained. (I actually did one of each)
1 15oz can of hominy or White corn. (I used both, but I may skip the hominy next time...my mother in         law drains, I drained half the corn)
1 pack of Taco Seasoning
1 41/2oz can of chopped green chilies...I am going to double the chilies next time
1 103/4oz can of Cream of chicken soup
1 14oz can of Chicken broth
1/2 cup sour cream
optional:: Monterrey jack cheese, Salsa, Tortilla chips.

Here is how you whip it up.
Put chicken in the crock pot.
Top with beans and corn.
Combine the Seasoning, chilies, soup and broth in a bowl, stir it up, and pour over the top of the ingredients in the crock pot.

I cooked for 6 hours. I pulled the chicken out before serving and just pulled it right apart and re-added it.
(If chicken doesn't shred, it is not cooked through)
Once the chicken is back in the pot, add the sour cream.

Serve with some cheese and some salsa...and some tortilla chips.

DELISH!
Especially on the "colder" days!

Enjoy!

No comments: