Monday, April 30, 2012

Don't Panic...it will be fine.

That is what I keep telling myself. "Don't Panic!" I know there is no need to worry, and since I was a kid I have not been a worrier. So...let me start by saying I have 8 weeks left till my due date.

Today we started our "every 2 weeks" appointments at the Dr.
As you may or may not know (or care), I have a bi-corniate uterus. The entirety of my pregnancy so far has been making sure (each month) that the baby has room to grow and my body is able to hold it well.
So far, so good. (this is also the reason I am able to have so many pics of the baby)
Now, we are having the opposite "problem." The size of the uterus may be restricting growth...MAY BE...so we have to keep a close eye on it.

Durring the appointment we reviewed that the baby 2 months ago was somewhere in the 80th percentile, which sounds about right for a Beard baby! 3 weeks ago it was in the 50th percentile and today it was in 37th percentile. Indicating that the growth of the baby is slowing. So...we are on to every two week appointments where we monitor the growth. The Baby is super healthy and fully developed. The Doctor told me today that if something were to happen with my uterus or cervix that he would not put me on bed rest, because it is fine to have the baby now...but if we can help it, it would be good to let it go to full term...on the other hand, if the baby can't grow in my body, we will just need to take it out of my body. I asked what we were shooting for and he said, "In two weeks, I want to see a 15% growth." I then calmly asked, So what if we don't get a 15% percent growth, but a 10% growth?" His answer...
"Then we have a baby."

The moral of the story, We could have this little nugget anytime between 2 weeks and 8 weeks.

So, I would love for you to pray for us.  Pray that the baby grows and that if that isn't the way this is going to go, that I don't panic...That I can still enjoy every miraculous second of this pregnancy and birth.
And don't worry, everyone around me is super stable and has no worries - which is helpful to me.

The Sweet Little Beard.
Profile
Thanks for stopping by and thanks for your prayers.

Sarah, Andrew and Baby

(ps. I had a beautiful baby shower this weekend and can't wait to show you the pics...they will be up in the next few days, so stop back by!)

3 comments:

Alessandra said...

Come on Baby Beard!! GROW GROW GROW!!!!!

Aunti Debbie said...

We will be "praying for pounds" (or at least numerous ounces) over the next two weeks. But, having just witnessed the arrival of our Austin - 6 weeks early - and everything was fine......Don't panic......it will be O.K.

Stephanie said...

Sarah, I agree with the above comment to "pray for pounds". You and your miracle baby are in my prayers. My daughter McKenna was born 10 weeks early and she did amazing. Your baby will be perfect! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.